Thank you for considering becoming a speaker at TEDxLukelyBrook. So that we can find out a little more about you and the talk you would like to present, please take a moment to read the following before then completing and submitting your initial application.
- TEDx Talks are a showcase for speakers presenting well-formed ideas in under 18 minutes. Shorter talks are not lesser talks. Please establish that you are able to cover the topic in under 18 minutes.
- Ask yourself, are you telling people something they may not have heard before, and is it interesting?
- Do you have permission and the appropriate licences to use the information and images within your talk? Are you able to reference the source of information you present? We are required to fact-check content being presented to protect the reputations of you, the event and TEDx at large.
- No political, religious or commercial agendas, inflammatory rhetoric or bad science are permitted within talks.
- If you are presenting new research please make sure your idea is backed by data and peer review to ensure every audience member can trust the ideas they’re hearing from you.
- Whilst speakers are permitted to mention what they do and briefly describe the business they are in, this should be limited to the start of their talk and only in the context of reflecting their background and credibility as a TEDxLukelyBrook speaker.
- Speakers are not permitted to use the event to pitch their products or services, plug their books, or ask for funding.
- Any media release or other content on and offline that refers to being selected as a TEDxLukelyBrook Speaker needs to be submitted for approval to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to release or use. Whilst we are supportive of the contributions made by our speakers it’s a fine line between shameless self-promotion and wholesome self-reporting.
- TEDx events do not pay speakers or charge for their participation. Speakers provide their talent and we provide a showcase for speakers wanting to present ideas worth spreading.
If you can answer ‘yes’ to the above and agree with the guidelines then we look forward to you completing and submitting your application to be a speaker at TEDxLukelyBrook.